Plasma-based in situ functionalization based on functional nitrogen science
Functional nitrogen science is now emerged for effective utilization of reactive nitrogen species (RNS). The technologies are related to water and air plasma-based nitrogen fixation. Electron impact reactions and chemical reactions among nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen, can occur on non-equilibrium plasma processing. Key issues are on in situ generation of RNS at the point of use and plasma-based nitrogen cycles of ammonia and nitric acid. (link to) Ishikawa Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 61 SA0802 (2022).
Nitrogen derivatives (Diagram): Short-lived nitrogen derivatives react to generate various RNS in situ through oxidation and hydrogenation.
Upcoming meeting †
Color: Oversea, Domestic
- February 22, 2023
- 基礎生物学研究所(NIBB) visit (Closed)
- February 23-24, 2023 Chair
- プラズマ種子科学研究会 -Workshop on low-temperature plasma seed science- (in Japanese) 於：
坂田平田ホールIB電子情報館 大講義室 (Web), (Web2) Dr Ishikawa will chair the workshop.
- February 24, 2023
- グリーン・DXプラズマコンソーシアム第５回講演会 於：坂田平田ホール (Closed, in Japanese)
- February 26-March 2, 2023
- SPIE Advanced Etch Technology and Process Integration for Nanopatterning XII (AL106) to be held at San Jose USA. (Web) Dr Shinoda will have a presentation, 12499-29 "Selective isotropic atomic-layer etching of thin films by using dry chemical removal tool." at 4:50 PM - 5:10 PM on March 1, 2023.
- March 5-9, 2023
- ISPlasma 2023 to be held at Gifu, Japan. (web) Dr Ishikawa will have a Keynote presentation on March 9, 2023.
- March 11, 2023
- 第18回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 灘原 壮一 モデレータ 長谷川
- March 13-17, 2023
- International workshop on plasma cancer therapy (IWPCT) 2023 to be held in Raleigh, NC, USA. (Web) Dr Miron will have an invited talk of "Chemical analysis of cold atmospheric pressure plasma-activated liquids for cancer treatment."
- March 15-18, 2023 Chair
- 応物春 2023年（令和5年）第70回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 於：上智大学 to be held on Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan. T19シンポジウム プラズマ駆動科学とは何か～新しいプラズマプロセスの展開を期待して T19 symposium "What is Plasma-Driven Science - Expectations for New Developments in Plasma Processes" will be held on March 16, 2023 and will be chaired by Dr Ishikawa.
- March 26, 2023
- Global Plasma Forum（GPF）& 堀勝教授最終講義 於：名古屋大学豊田講堂 (Form)
- March 27, 2023
- March 28, 2023
- ぎふプラズマ産業創出ワーキンググループ 令和４年度勉強会 於：岐阜大学サテライトキャンパス (Closed) Dr Ishikawa will give an invited lecture of "低温プラズマって何？～道具として使えるプラズマ生成と作用の原理とは～"
- April 8, 2023
- 第19回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 伊澤 勝 モデレータ 関根 誠
- April 16-21, 2023
- 4th International Conference on Data Driven Plasma Science (ICDDPS-4) to be held at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Okinawa, Japan. (Web)
- April 19-22, 2023
- international conference on electronic packaging (JIEP-ICEP2023) to be held at Civic auditorium sears home yume hall, Kumamoto, Japan. (Web)
- May 13, 2023
- 第20回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 五十嵐 信行 モデレータ 中塚 理
- May 21-26, 2023
May 15-20, 2022 May 23-28, 2021
- ISPC 25th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry (ISPC) to be held at Kyoto, Japan. (Web) Deadline: January 31, 2023
- May 24-25, 2023
- 第76回日本酸化ストレス学会学術集会 於：神戸国際会議場 (in Japanese) (Web) Deadline: February 22, 2023
- May 28-June 2, 2023
- 243rd ECS Meeting with the 18th International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-XVIII) (Web)
- June 18-22, 2023
- IWOPA 4th International Workshop on Plasma Agriculture (IWOPA4) to be held at Seoul, Korea. (Web) Deadline: March 31, 2023
- June 20, 2023
- June 24, 2023
- July 9-14, 2023 Talk
- ICPIG 35th International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG）to be held at Egmond aan Zee, the Netherlands (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk of "Plasma induced surface reactions: novel measurements and new insights". Deadline: March 3, 2023
- July 23-26, 2023
- ALE AVS 23rd International Conference on Atomic Layer Deposition (ALD 2023) and the 10th International Atomic Layer Etching Workshop (ALE 2023) to be held at the Hyatt Regency Bellevue in Bellevue, Washington (East Seattle), USA. (Web) Dr Thi-Thuy-Nga Nguyen will have a presentation. Deadline: February 15, 2023
- September 3-9, 2023 Chair
- SSDM 55th International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) to be held at Nagoya Congress Center, Japan. (Web) Dr Ishikawa organizes the Short Course entitled "Plasma technology: Cornerstone of the post-scaling and next milestone of assurance energy and environment" to be held on September 5, 2023.
- September 10-14, 2023
- 20th International Symposium on Laser-Aided Plasma Diagnostics (LAPD20) to be held at Kyoto Garden Palace Hotel, Kyoto, Japan. (Web)
- September 19-23, 2023
- 応物秋 2023年（令和5年）秋季学術講演会 to be held on Kumamoto Castle Hall, Kumamoto, Japan.
- September 19-23, 2023 Chair
- IEAE Technical Meeting on Emerging Applications of Plasma Science and Technology on Vienna International Centre (VIC) (Web)
- October 9-13, 2023
- GEC 76th Gaseous Electric Conference (GEC) to be held at Michigan league, Ann Harbor, USA. (web)
- October 15-17, 2023
- Global Plasma Forum at Aomori
- November 5-10, 2023 Chair
- AVS 69th American Vacuum Society (AVS) International Symposium and Exhibition to be held at Oregon Convention Center, Oregon, USA. (Web)
- November 5-8, 2023
- AEPSE 13th Asian-European International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering (AEPSE 2023) to be held at BEXCO, Busan, Korea. (Web)
- November 12-17, 2023 Chair
- AAPPS 7th Annual Conference of the Division of Plasma Physics of the Association of Asia Pacific Physics Society (AAPPS-DPP 2023) to be held at Port Messe, Nagoya, Japan. (Web)
- November 21-22, 2023
- DPS Dry process symposium (DPS) to be held at Nagoya, Japan.
- November 27-30, 2023
- プラズマ核融合学会年会 於：岩手
- December 11-16, 2023
- (MRM2023) IUMRS-ICA Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan (Web) Symposium G-1 Advanced Plasma Processing in the New Era will be held.
- March , 2024
- ISPlasma 2023 to be held at Nagoya, Japan.
- March 15-18, 2024
- 応物春 2024年（令和6年）第71回応用物理学会 春季学術講演会 to be held on Tokyo City University, Tokyo, Japan.
- September 16-20, 2024
- 応物秋 2024年（令和6年）応用物理学会 秋季学術講演会 to be held at Toki Messe (朱鷺メッセ), Niigata, Japan.
meeting2023, meeting2022, meeting2021, meeting2020, meeting2019, meeting2018, meeting2017, meeting2016, meeting2015, meeting2014, meeting2013, meeting2012, meeting2011
Metabolomic profiles display a novel mechanism on cell death that is induced specifically by incubation in the non-thermal plasma treated solutions
The plasma-activated lactated solution (PAL) exhibits antitumor effects in glioblastoma U251SP cells. The PAL-treated U251SP cells exhibited changes in intracellular metabolites that were reductive in the redox state.
Non-thermal plasma–activated lactate solution kills U251SP glioblastoma cells in an innate reductive manner with altered metabolism
Kenji Ishikawa, Yugo Hosoi et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 688, 108414 (pp. 1-9) (July 30, 2020). link
Nonthermal plasma-activated medium (PAM) modified metabolomic profiles in glycolysis of U251SP glioblastoma
Naoyoyuki Kurake, Kenji Ishikawa et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 662, pp.83-92 (February 15, 2019). link
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published on-line in the Applied Physics Letters (IF 2011 = 3.844) on July 2 issue of 2012.
Real-time In Situ Electron Spin Resonance Measurements on Fungal Spores of Penicillium digitatum during Exposure of Oxygen Plasmas
Kenji Ishikawa et al. Appl. Phys. Lett. 101, 013704 (2012). link, arXiv
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published in the Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (I.F. 2011 = 6.213)
Synergistic Formation of Radicals by Irradiation with both Vacuum Ultraviolet and Atomic Hydrogen: a Real-time in situ Electron Spin Resonance Study
We report on the surface modification of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) as an example of soft- and bio-materials that occur under plasma discharge by kinetics analysis of radical formation using in situ real-time electron spin resonance (ESR) measurements. During irradiation with hydrogen plasma, simultaneous measurements of the gas-phase ESR signals of atomic hydrogen and the carbon dangling bond (C-DB) on PTFE were performed. Dynamic changes of the C-DB density were observed in real time, where the rate of density change was accelerated during initial irradiation and then became constant over time. It is noteworthy that C-DBs were formed synergistically by irradiation with both vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) and atomic hydrogen. The in situ real-time ESR technique is useful to elucidate synergistic roles during plasma surface modification.
Kenji Ishikawa et al. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2, 1278 (2011). link
This paper won the 11th Plasma Electronics Award awarded by the Plasma Electronics division of the Japanese Society of Applied Physics on March 28, 2013.