Plasma-based in situ functionalization based on functional nitrogen science
Functional nitrogen science is now emerged for effective utilization of reactive nitrogen species (RNS). The technologies are related to water and air plasma-based nitrogen fixation. Electron impact reactions and chemical reactions among nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen, can occur on non-equilibrium plasma processing. Key issues are on in situ generation of RNS at the point of use and plasma-based nitrogen cycles of ammonia and nitric acid. (link to) Ishikawa Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 61 SA0802 (2022).
Nitrogen derivatives (Diagram): Short-lived nitrogen derivatives react to generate various RNS in situ through oxidation and hydrogenation.
Upcoming meeting †
Color: Oversea, Domestic
- August 8-10, 2022
- August 13, 2022
- 第11回サタデーモーニングプラズマ講座 講師：白谷正治（九州大学），モデレータ：堀勝（clps）
- August 26, 2022
- Consortium for green DX(digital transformation) plasma, Lectures on plasma sciences. to be held at Nagoya University, Japan.
- August 28-September 2, 2022
August 29-September 3, 2021
- (not attend) 23th International Conference on Gas Discharges and their Applications (GD2020) to be held at Greifswald, Germany. (web)
- August 29, 2022
- Defense of the doctor dissertation presented by Mr Tomonori Ichikawa, online at 10:30 to 12:00.
- September 2, 2022
- 学振153委員会 第158回研究会
- September 4-9, 2022
- 9th Central European Symposium on Plasma Chemistry (CESPC-9) to be held at Slovakia. (Web PlAgri), (Web CESPC-9)
- September 11-16, 2022
- 22nd International Vacuum Congress (IVC) to be held at Sapporo, Japan. (Web)
- September 12–15, 2022
- 18th International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering (PSE) to be held at Trade Fair Erfurt, Germany (Web)
- September 20-23, 2022
- 応物秋 2022年（令和4年）秋季学術講演会 to be held on Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
- September 26-29, 2022
- 54th International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) to be held at Makuhari, Chiba, Japan.
- October 3-7, 2022 Talk
- GEC 11th International Conference on Reactive Plasmas (ICRP) (Web) and 75th Gaseous Electric Conference (GEC) to be held at Sendai, Japan. (web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk entitled "Plasma-functional nitrogen effects on biological, medical, and agricultural applications". Deadline: June 15
- October 10-14, 2022
- Cold Spring Harbor Asia Conferences on Iron, Reactive Oxygen Species & Ferroptosis in Life, Death & Disease, to be held at Awaji Island, JAPAN. Dr Toyokuni and Dr Motohashi serve the local chair of this meeting. (Web)
- October 12-14, 2022
- 31st Asian session Advanced Metallization Conference (ADMETA Plus) 2022 to be held online (Web)
- November 6-11, 2022 Talk
- AVS 68th AVS International Symposium and Exhibition to be held at David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. Dr Ishikawa serves the committee of Plasma Science Technology Division.
- November 8-11, 2022
- 35th International Microprocesses and Nanotechnology Conference (MNC 2022), to be held at JR Hotel Clement Tokushima, Japan. Dr Ishikawa serves the committee of Atomic Layer Processing (ALP).
- November 13-16, 2022 Talk
- Korea International Semiconductor Conference on Manufacturing Technology 2022 to be held at Paradise Hotel, Busan, Korea (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk "Nanoscale dry processes for controlling atomic layer reactions and fabrication of high-aspect-ratio features"
- November 18, 2022
- プラズマエレクトロニクス講習会 (in Japanese) online
- November 22-25, 2022
- プラズマ・核融合学会 第39回年会 to be held on Toyama, Japan
- November 24-25, 2022
- DPS 44th International symposium on dry process (DPS) to be held at Osaka Internationl Convention Center, Osaka, Japan. (Web) Deadline: July 22, 2022
- December 5-7, 2022
- 32nd Material Research Society of Japan (MRS-J) to be held at Yokohama, Japan. (Web) Deadline: August 19, 2022
- January 9-12, 2023
- 7th International Conference on Advances in Functional Materials (AFM) "Development of Functional Materials for a Better World" to be held at Centennial Hall, Kyushu University, Japan. (Web) Deadline: July 31, 2022
- March 5-9, 2023
- ISPlasma 2023 to be held at Gifu, Japan. (web)
- March 15-18, 2023
- 応物春 2023年（令和5年）第70回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 於：上智大学 to be held on Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan.
- April 16-21, 2023
- 4th International Conference on Data Driven Plasma Science (ICDDPS-4) to be held at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Okinawa, Japan. (Web)
- May 21-26, 2023
May 15-20, 2022 May 23-28, 2021
- ISPC 25th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry (ISPC) to be held at Kyoto, Japan. (Web)
- July, 2023
- International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG）to be held at the Netherlands
- September 10-14, 2023
- 20th International Symposium on Laser-Aided Plasma Diagnostics (LAPD20) to be held at Kyoto Garden Palace Hotel, Kyoto, Japan. (Web)
- September 19-23, 2023
- 応物秋 2023年（令和5年）秋季学術講演会 to be held on Kumamoto Castle Hall, Kumamoto, Japan.
- September , 2023
- 55th International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) to be held at Nagoya University, Japan.
- September, 2023
February 7-11, 2022 September 26-30, 2021Talk
- AEPSE 13th Asian-European International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering (AEPSE 2021) to be held at BEXCO, Busan, Korea. (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have a tutorial lecture of "Plasma in Healthcare : As tool of Regenerative Medicine and Development"
- December 11-16, 2023
- (MRM2023) IUMRS-ICA Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan
- March 15-18, 2023
- 応物春 2024年（令和6年）第71回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 to be held on Tokyo City University, Tokyo, Japan.
Metabolomic profiles display a novel mechanism on cell death that is induced specifically by incubation in the non-thermal plasma treated solutions
The plasma-activated lactated solution (PAL) exhibits antitumor effects in glioblastoma U251SP cells. The PAL-treated U251SP cells exhibited changes in intracellular metabolites that were reductive in the redox state.
Non-thermal plasma–activated lactate solution kills U251SP glioblastoma cells in an innate reductive manner with altered metabolism
Kenji Ishikawa, Yugo Hosoi et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 688, 108414 (pp. 1-9) (July 30, 2020). link
Nonthermal plasma-activated medium (PAM) modified metabolomic profiles in glycolysis of U251SP glioblastoma
Naoyoyuki Kurake, Kenji Ishikawa et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 662, pp.83-92 (February 15, 2019). link
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published on-line in the Applied Physics Letters (IF 2011 = 3.844) on July 2 issue of 2012.
Real-time In Situ Electron Spin Resonance Measurements on Fungal Spores of Penicillium digitatum during Exposure of Oxygen Plasmas
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published in the Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (I.F. 2011 = 6.213)
Synergistic Formation of Radicals by Irradiation with both Vacuum Ultraviolet and Atomic Hydrogen: a Real-time in situ Electron Spin Resonance Study
We report on the surface modification of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) as an example of soft- and bio-materials that occur under plasma discharge by kinetics analysis of radical formation using in situ real-time electron spin resonance (ESR) measurements. During irradiation with hydrogen plasma, simultaneous measurements of the gas-phase ESR signals of atomic hydrogen and the carbon dangling bond (C-DB) on PTFE were performed. Dynamic changes of the C-DB density were observed in real time, where the rate of density change was accelerated during initial irradiation and then became constant over time. It is noteworthy that C-DBs were formed synergistically by irradiation with both vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) and atomic hydrogen. The in situ real-time ESR technique is useful to elucidate synergistic roles during plasma surface modification.
Kenji Ishikawa et al. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2, 1278 (2011). link
This paper won the 11th Plasma Electronics Award awarded by the Plasma Electronics division of the Japanese Society of Applied Physics on March 28, 2013.