Plasma-based in situ functionalization based on functional nitrogen science
Functional nitrogen science is now emerged for effective utilization of reactive nitrogen species (RNS). The technologies are related to water and air plasma-based nitrogen fixation. Electron impact reactions and chemical reactions among nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen, can occur on non-equilibrium plasma processing. Key issues are on in situ generation of RNS at the point of use and plasma-based nitrogen cycles of ammonia and nitric acid. (link to) Ishikawa Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 61 SA0802 (2022).
Nitrogen derivatives (Diagram): Short-lived nitrogen derivatives react to generate various RNS in situ through oxidation and hydrogenation.
Upcoming meeting †
Color: Oversea, Domestic
- September 20-23, 2022 Chair
- 応物秋 2022年（令和4年）秋季学術講演会 to be held on Tohoku University, Sendai, Japan.
- September 26-29, 2022
- 54th International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) to be held at Makuhari, Chiba, Japan.
- October 3-7, 2022 Talk
- GEC 11th International Conference on Reactive Plasmas (ICRP) (Web) and 75th Gaseous Electric Conference (GEC) to be held at Sendai, Japan. (web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk entitled "Plasma-functional nitrogen effects on biological, medical, and agricultural applications". Deadline: June 15
- October 3-7, 2022
- (not attend) 未来社会にむかう理研放射光センター・産業界連携シンポジウム 於：グランフロント大阪ナレッジキャピタル北館タワーC 8階（JR大阪駅） (Web)
- October 8, 2022
- 第13回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 高木信一（モデレータ 中塚理）(in Japanese)
- October 9-13, 2022
- 242nd ECS Meeting to be held at Atlanta, GA, USA (Web)
- October 10-14, 2022
- Cold Spring Harbor Asia Conferences on Iron, Reactive Oxygen Species & Ferroptosis in Life, Death & Disease, to be held at Awaji Island, JAPAN. Dr Toyokuni and Dr Motohashi serve the local chair of this meeting. (Web)
- October 12-14, 2022
- 31st Asian session Advanced Metallization Conference (ADMETA Plus) 2022 to be held online (Web)
- October 18, 2022
- 学振153委員会 第159回研究会 於：フラクシア（四谷） (Closed, in Japanese)
- October 19-21, 2022
- Korean Physics Society fall meeting, international pioneer session on simulation and data-driven low temperature plasmas. to be held at Busan, Korea.
- October 21, 2022
- グリーン・DXプラズマコンソーシアム第二回講習会「省エネルギー用半導体デバイスの課題」 於：名古屋大学野依学術記念館 (Closed, in Japanese)
- October 31, 2022
- 11th Global Plasma Forum "Recent topics of plant science and low-temperature plasma science", 「低温プラズマと植物科学の最新の話題から」 (Web), (植物学会), (植物生理学会), (作物学会), (農芸化学会), (植物バイオテクノロジー学会), (応用物理学会プラズマエレクトロニクス分科会), (プラズマ・核融合学会), (サイエンスポータル), (あいちサイエンス)
- November 6-11, 2022 Talk
- AVS 68th AVS International Symposium and Exhibition to be held at David L. Lawrence Convention Center, Pittsburgh, PA, USA. (Web) Dr Ishikawa serves the committee of Plasma Science Technology Division.
- November 6-7, 2022
- 第38回九州・山口プラズマ研究会 於：鹿児島 指宿白水館 (in Japanese)
- November 8-11, 2022
- 35th International Microprocesses and Nanotechnology Conference (MNC 2022), to be held at JR Hotel Clement Tokushima, Japan. Dr Ishikawa serves the committee of Atomic Layer Processing (ALP).
- November 12, 2022
- 第14回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 横山雅之（モデレータ 大野哲靖） (in Japanese)
- November 13-16, 2022 Talk
- Korea International Semiconductor Conference on Manufacturing Technology 2022 to be held at Paradise Hotel, Busan, Korea (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk "Nanoscale dry processes for controlling atomic layer reactions and fabrication of high-aspect-ratio features"
- November 18, 2022
- プラズマエレクトロニクス講習会 (in Japanese) online
- November 18, 2022
- グリーン・DXプラズマコンソーシアム第三回講習会 実習
- November 22-25, 2022
- プラズマ・核融合学会 第39回年会 to be held on Toyama, Japan
- November 24-25, 2022
- DPS 44th International symposium on dry process (DPS) to be held at Osaka Internationl Convention Center, Osaka, Japan. (Web) Deadline: July 22, 2022
- December 5, 2022
- -次世代プラズマプロセスが切り拓く高機能表面の未来- 於：東京都立産業技術研究センター
- December 5-7, 2022
- 32nd Material Research Society of Japan (MRS-J) to be held at Yokohama, Japan. (Web) Deadline: August 19, 2022
- December 10, 2022
- 第15回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 浜口智志（モデレータ 堀 勝） (in Japanese)
- December 12-13, 2022
- International symposium on semiconductor manufacturing (ISSM2022) to be held on KFC Hall, Ryogoku, Tokyo, Japan (Web)
- December 15, 2022
- 学振153委員会 第160回研究会
- December 16, 2022
- January 9-12, 2023
- 7th International Conference on Advances in Functional Materials (AFM) "Development of Functional Materials for a Better World" to be held at Centennial Hall, Kyushu University, Japan. (Web) Deadline: July 31, 2022
- January 21, 2023
- 第16回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン モデレータ
- January 27, 2023
- 学振153委員会 第161回研究会
- February 11, 2023
- 第17回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン モデレータ
- March 5-9, 2023
- ISPlasma 2023 to be held at Gifu, Japan. (web)
- March 11, 2023
- 第18回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン モデレータ
- March 13-17, 2023
- International workshop on plasma cancer therapy (IWPCT) 2023 to be held in Raleigh, NC, USA.
- March 15-18, 2023
- 応物春 2023年（令和5年）第70回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 於：上智大学 to be held on Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan.
- April 8, 2023
- 第19回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン モデレータ
- April 15, 2023
- International conference on electronic packaging (ICEP2023) to be held at Civic Auditorium Sears Home Yume Hall, Kumamoto, Japan. (Web)
- April 16-21, 2023
- 4th International Conference on Data Driven Plasma Science (ICDDPS-4) to be held at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Okinawa, Japan. (Web)
- May 21-26, 2023
May 15-20, 2022 May 23-28, 2021
- ISPC 25th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry (ISPC) to be held at Kyoto, Japan. (Web)
- July 9-14, 2023 Talk
- 35th International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG）to be held at Egmond aan Zee, the Netherlands (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk of "Plasma induced surface reactions: novel measurements and new insights".
- September 10-14, 2023
- 20th International Symposium on Laser-Aided Plasma Diagnostics (LAPD20) to be held at Kyoto Garden Palace Hotel, Kyoto, Japan. (Web)
- September 19-23, 2023
- 応物秋 2023年（令和5年）秋季学術講演会 to be held on Kumamoto Castle Hall, Kumamoto, Japan.
- September , 2023
- 55th International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) to be held at Nagoya University, Japan.
- September, 2023
February 7-11, 2022 September 26-30, 2021Talk
- AEPSE 13th Asian-European International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering (AEPSE 2021) to be held at BEXCO, Busan, Korea. (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have a tutorial lecture of "Plasma in Healthcare : As tool of Regenerative Medicine and Development"
- November 21-22, 2023
- Dry process symposium (DPS) to be held at Nagoya, Japan.
- November 27-30, 2023
- プラズマ核融合学会年会 於：岩手
- December 11-16, 2023
- (MRM2023) IUMRS-ICA Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan
- March 15-18, 2023
- 応物春 2024年（令和6年）第71回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 to be held on Tokyo City University, Tokyo, Japan.
Metabolomic profiles display a novel mechanism on cell death that is induced specifically by incubation in the non-thermal plasma treated solutions
The plasma-activated lactated solution (PAL) exhibits antitumor effects in glioblastoma U251SP cells. The PAL-treated U251SP cells exhibited changes in intracellular metabolites that were reductive in the redox state.
Non-thermal plasma–activated lactate solution kills U251SP glioblastoma cells in an innate reductive manner with altered metabolism
Kenji Ishikawa, Yugo Hosoi et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 688, 108414 (pp. 1-9) (July 30, 2020). link
Nonthermal plasma-activated medium (PAM) modified metabolomic profiles in glycolysis of U251SP glioblastoma
Naoyoyuki Kurake, Kenji Ishikawa et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 662, pp.83-92 (February 15, 2019). link
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published on-line in the Applied Physics Letters (IF 2011 = 3.844) on July 2 issue of 2012.
Real-time In Situ Electron Spin Resonance Measurements on Fungal Spores of Penicillium digitatum during Exposure of Oxygen Plasmas
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published in the Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (I.F. 2011 = 6.213)
Synergistic Formation of Radicals by Irradiation with both Vacuum Ultraviolet and Atomic Hydrogen: a Real-time in situ Electron Spin Resonance Study
We report on the surface modification of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) as an example of soft- and bio-materials that occur under plasma discharge by kinetics analysis of radical formation using in situ real-time electron spin resonance (ESR) measurements. During irradiation with hydrogen plasma, simultaneous measurements of the gas-phase ESR signals of atomic hydrogen and the carbon dangling bond (C-DB) on PTFE were performed. Dynamic changes of the C-DB density were observed in real time, where the rate of density change was accelerated during initial irradiation and then became constant over time. It is noteworthy that C-DBs were formed synergistically by irradiation with both vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) and atomic hydrogen. The in situ real-time ESR technique is useful to elucidate synergistic roles during plasma surface modification.
Kenji Ishikawa et al. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2, 1278 (2011). link
This paper won the 11th Plasma Electronics Award awarded by the Plasma Electronics division of the Japanese Society of Applied Physics on March 28, 2013.