Plasma-based in situ functionalization based on functional nitrogen science
Functional nitrogen science is now emerged for effective utilization of reactive nitrogen species (RNS). The technologies are related to water and air plasma-based nitrogen fixation. Electron impact reactions and chemical reactions among nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen, can occur on non-equilibrium plasma processing. Key issues are on in situ generation of RNS at the point of use and plasma-based nitrogen cycles of ammonia and nitric acid. (link to) Ishikawa Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 61 SA0802 (2022).
Nitrogen derivatives (Diagram): Short-lived nitrogen derivatives react to generate various RNS in situ through oxidation and hydrogenation.
Upcoming meeting †
Color: Oversea, Domestic
- December 28-30, 2022
- 15th International Conference on Plasma Science and Applications (ICPSA2022) to be held online. (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk of "Non-thermal plasma-activated lactated solution altered metabolisms in cancer cells" on December 30.
- January 9-12, 2023
- 7th International Conference on Advances in Functional Materials (AFM) "Development of Functional Materials for a Better World" to be held at Centennial Hall, Kyushu University, Japan. (Web) Deadline: July 31, 2022
- January 14-15, 2023
- January 21, 2023
- 第16回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 勝又竜太・キオクシア モデレータ：石川健治
- January 27, 2023
- 学振153委員会 第161回研究会『プラズマ千夜一夜物語：プラズマ材料科学分野の歴史と将来展望』 於：東京・京橋 (Closed) (Web) Dr Ishikawa will facilitate the panel session.
- January 28, 2023
- 学振153委員会 拡大運営企画会議 於：東京 (Closed, in Japanese)
- January 31, 2023
- 九州大学 伊都キャンパス (Closed, in Japanese)
- February 9-10, 2023
- 修論発表会 於：名古屋大学 IB電子情報館 (Closed, in Japanese)
- February 10, 2023
- 第５回 Atomic Layer Process (ALP) Workshop (in Japanese) 於：大阪大学豊中キャンパス 大学会館 (Web)
- February 11, 2023
- 第17回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 昌原 明植・産総研 オンライン モデレータ：堀 勝
- February 13, 2023
- 夏目 公聴会 オンライン
- February 16, 2023
- 劉，岩田 公聴会 オンライン
- February 22, 2023
- NIBB visit
- February 23-24, 2023
- プラズマ種子科学研究会 於：
坂田平田ホールIB電子情報館 大講義室 (Web)
- February 24, 2023
- グリーン・DXプラズマコンソーシアム第５回講演会 於：坂田平田ホール
- February 26-March 2, 2023
- SPIE Advanced Etch Technology and Process Integration for Nanopatterning XII (AL106) to be held at San Jose USA. (Web) Dr Shinoda will have a presentation.
- March 1, 2023
- Report radiation research
- March 5-9, 2023
- ISPlasma 2023 to be held at Gifu, Japan. (web) Dr Ishikawa will have a Keynote presentation on March 9, 2023.
- March 11, 2023
- 第18回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 灘原 モデレータ 堀 勝
- March 13-17, 2023
- International workshop on plasma cancer therapy (IWPCT) 2023 to be held in Raleigh, NC, USA.
- March 15-18, 2023
- 応物春 2023年（令和5年）第70回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 於：上智大学 to be held on Sophia University, Tokyo, Japan. T19シンポジウム プラズマ駆動科学とは何か～新しいプラズマプロセスの展開を期待して T19 symposium "What is Plasma-Driven Science - Expectations for New Developments in Plasma Processes" will be held on March 16, 2023 and will be chaired by Dr Ishikawa.
- March 26, 2023
- Global Plasma Forum（GPF）& 堀勝教授最終講義 於：名古屋大学豊田講堂
- April 8, 2023
- 第19回サタデーモーニングプラズマプロセス講座 オンライン 五十嵐 モデレータ 中塚 理
- April 15, 2023
- International conference on electronic packaging (ICEP2023) to be held at Civic Auditorium Sears Home Yume Hall, Kumamoto, Japan. (Web)
- April 16-21, 2023
- 4th International Conference on Data Driven Plasma Science (ICDDPS-4) to be held at Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST), Okinawa, Japan. (Web)
- May 21-26, 2023
May 15-20, 2022 May 23-28, 2021
- ISPC 25th International Symposium on Plasma Chemistry (ISPC) to be held at Kyoto, Japan. (Web) Deadline: January 31, 2023
- May 28-June 2, 2023
- 243rd ECS Meeting with the 18th International Symposium on Solid Oxide Fuel Cells (SOFC-XVIII) (Web)
- June 20, 2023
- July 9-14, 2023 Talk
- ICPIG 35th International Conference on Phenomena in Ionized Gases (ICPIG）to be held at Egmond aan Zee, the Netherlands (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have an invited talk of "Plasma induced surface reactions: novel measurements and new insights". Deadline: March 3, 2023
- September 10-14, 2023
- 20th International Symposium on Laser-Aided Plasma Diagnostics (LAPD20) to be held at Kyoto Garden Palace Hotel, Kyoto, Japan. (Web)
- September 19-23, 2023
- 応物秋 2023年（令和5年）秋季学術講演会 to be held on Kumamoto Castle Hall, Kumamoto, Japan.
- September 3-9, 2023
- SSDM 55th International Conference on Solid State Devices and Materials (SSDM) to be held at Nagoya Congress Center, Japan. Short Course will be held on September 5, 2023.
- September, 2023
February 7-11, 2022 September 26-30, 2021Talk
- AEPSE 13th Asian-European International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering (AEPSE 2021) to be held at BEXCO, Busan, Korea. (Web) Dr Ishikawa will have a tutorial lecture of "Plasma in Healthcare : As tool of Regenerative Medicine and Development"
- October, 2023
- GEC 76th Gaseous Electric Conference (GEC) to be held at Ann Harbor, US. (web)
- November 21-22, 2023
- DPS Dry process symposium (DPS) to be held at Nagoya, Japan.
- November 27-30, 2023
- プラズマ核融合学会年会 於：岩手
- December 11-16, 2023
- (MRM2023) IUMRS-ICA Kyoto International Conference Center, Kyoto, Japan
- March 15-18, 2023
- 応物春 2024年（令和6年）第71回応用物理学会春季学術講演会 to be held on Tokyo City University, Tokyo, Japan.
Metabolomic profiles display a novel mechanism on cell death that is induced specifically by incubation in the non-thermal plasma treated solutions
The plasma-activated lactated solution (PAL) exhibits antitumor effects in glioblastoma U251SP cells. The PAL-treated U251SP cells exhibited changes in intracellular metabolites that were reductive in the redox state.
Non-thermal plasma–activated lactate solution kills U251SP glioblastoma cells in an innate reductive manner with altered metabolism
Kenji Ishikawa, Yugo Hosoi et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 688, 108414 (pp. 1-9) (July 30, 2020). link
Nonthermal plasma-activated medium (PAM) modified metabolomic profiles in glycolysis of U251SP glioblastoma
Naoyoyuki Kurake, Kenji Ishikawa et al. Archives of Biochemistry and Biophysics 662, pp.83-92 (February 15, 2019). link
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published on-line in the Applied Physics Letters (IF 2011 = 3.844) on July 2 issue of 2012.
Real-time In Situ Electron Spin Resonance Measurements on Fungal Spores of Penicillium digitatum during Exposure of Oxygen Plasmas
Real-time in situ ESR
Our paper was published in the Journal of Physical Chemistry Letters (I.F. 2011 = 6.213)
Synergistic Formation of Radicals by Irradiation with both Vacuum Ultraviolet and Atomic Hydrogen: a Real-time in situ Electron Spin Resonance Study
We report on the surface modification of polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE) as an example of soft- and bio-materials that occur under plasma discharge by kinetics analysis of radical formation using in situ real-time electron spin resonance (ESR) measurements. During irradiation with hydrogen plasma, simultaneous measurements of the gas-phase ESR signals of atomic hydrogen and the carbon dangling bond (C-DB) on PTFE were performed. Dynamic changes of the C-DB density were observed in real time, where the rate of density change was accelerated during initial irradiation and then became constant over time. It is noteworthy that C-DBs were formed synergistically by irradiation with both vacuum ultraviolet (VUV) and atomic hydrogen. The in situ real-time ESR technique is useful to elucidate synergistic roles during plasma surface modification.
Kenji Ishikawa et al. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2, 1278 (2011). link
This paper won the 11th Plasma Electronics Award awarded by the Plasma Electronics division of the Japanese Society of Applied Physics on March 28, 2013.